Friday, April 17, 2009

SUN

In the seasonal life of a band nerd there are two distinct seasons: Marching band and Concert band.
Marching band is usually the time where band nerds get to show that they have strength and are capable of sweating and doing crazy drill leaders. This season is usually when everyone gets a HORRIBLE farmers tan and sock tan lines.

And then there's concert band. When the band nerds are holed up in their band and practice rooms. We usually become creepily un-tan.

But today, that cycle was all messed up. Our jazz festival was outside. So now I have this... interesting.. band polo tan line.. and my face is burnt. my cheeks are a nice rosy red and my nose is probably the equivalent of Rudolph's.

But that's ok, because our band got straight superiors.

I don't have the energy to go into great details about the wind and screens because I have to get up early tomorrow morning.

But I do need to say one thing. Today was a miracle in disguise. Not only did I get to miss school, but I also steered clear of this big protest thing..

Um.. that's all I have to say.. yesterday I read about Abraham and Lott. and I thought it was cool that Abraham gave Lott his choice of land even though Abraham knew he was going to be cheated, to end the family feud. Now THAT'S hard.


So.. I'll see you tomorrow,

Amanda

(I've just made up my mind that after the month of May.. I'm going to try to blog at LEAST every day.)


No comments: