Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pizza Delivery

I have about 30 minutes until a complete stranger will show up on my doorstep, trading 15 dollars for a large half meat lovers, half cheese pizza.

Since when did ordering a pizza have to be so confusing?

"Would you like the hand tossed crust style, the thin in crispy, the pan style, the stuffed crust, the hand tossed pan style, the New York pan style, or the deep pan style crust?"
"UMM.... which one is just a thick pizza."
"Yes, you want the *lists name that makes no coherent sense*"
"Sure.. I guess..."
"So you would like a left side meatlovers right side cheese lovers except the left side aflkjhgfo;hafkljhgflafd"
"umm..... sure.."
"Yes, it will be at your house at approximately 6:21. Your total is 14.89"
"ok... thanks?"
"Thank you for choosing Pizza hut."

Now, I'm going to have to be honest. This conversation did not happen because learning from past experiences I used online checkout where I could dwell in my own confusion lacking any embarrassment or being rushed into something I do not want. But this conversation would probably be the one taking place if I had the guts to pick up the phone and call.
Why can't ordering pizza be as simple as "cheese or pepperoni? Thick or Thin crust?" Those were the easier and simpler days.

Which brings me to my next point.

I HATE talking on the phone. I don't know what it is (well that's a lie, I do know what it is and I'm about to tell you what it is. HA.) about talking on the phone, but I do not like it.
First you have the people who call you with no purpose whatsoever and you don't know how to politely tell them your not really interested in the fact that they have nothing to do.

There you are enjoying a rather good book, your at the climax and you are just about to find out "who dun' it" and then your phone rings. You glare at the interruption and you notice it is your friend that you just talked to five minutes ago on Facebook. You figure nothing that serious could happen in five minutes, they were fine. They couldn't have been hit by a car because they were sitting home alone in front of their computer. They couldn't have been kidnapped because how would they be calling you? So you just ignore it. And then it rings again, and again, and again. FINALLY you pick it up, seething mad that they have interrupted your perfectly good book. And you are introduced with this line. "I'm Bored..." AGGLESNAP (I made that word up this morning haha). "Yeah well can I call you back later I'm reading a good book." you try to tell them. But they aren't very good at taking a really blunt hint. "Yes, But I'm bored. Can't you talk to me?".

And then you have the people who call you when they are in the middle of something really loud and they have really low coverage. They very well maybe telling you something very important but you can not understand them. They say something that sounds like "pick up the hot dog", but you know that can't possibly be what they said. So you loudly yell "what!?" into the phone. They repeat what they said again. Now both of you are yelling into the phone, but it is of no use neither one of you can fully understand what the other is saying.

Can't you just text me? sheesh. It's a lot easier. There are a lot of situations of annoyances dealing with people talking on the phone. Don't EVEN get me started about bluetooth headsets. You have that person who looks like they are talking to you. But then you remind yourself that they don't even know you, why would they be asking you to pick up the balloons for their Andrew's birthday party.. you don't even know anyone named Andrew.. And then you have the person who just looks like they are talking to themselves. It's actually really annoying because they'll just be standing there simply talking.

*sigh*

This really had nothing to do with my day, other than the whole ordering Pizza thing...
My day has actually been rather unproductive..

Yesterday I read Genesis 3 and 4.. but it was just about Adam's geneology.. not really that interesting.. but just think of all that incest. ewww.. well, they had to populate the Earth SOMEHOW didn't they. lol.



-- Amanda

Am I the only one with this harbored hatred against talking on cellphones?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate cliffhangers. Being interrupted at a crucial point is so frustrating. I'm happy to hear you won your re-match.