Thursday, July 9, 2009

Driving "lessons"

So today my dad gave me driving "lessons" to practice for my driving test in a little under two weeks (*woop woop* I FINALLY get my license).

And though I would love to say that this little shin-dig was nothing like they portray in movies and books, and overall just the cliche experience it can be. But boy was it.

There's just something about a teenage girl being behind the wheel with their dad or mom barking out orders in the front seat that just guarantees it to be a frustrating experience.

On more than one occasion this afternoon did I want to just get out of the car and just walk home.

For instance: we were practicing in the parking lot of the methodist church in our neighborhood, and my dad told me to leave the parking lot (at this point my mom was also in the car) and so then he tells me to turn on this street, but at the last second he tells me to make a u-turn. But then there is a car coming straight for me at that time, and I had to make that car wait because I was making this u-turn and my dad was barking out more commands just confusing me even more. And then so I finally see the church again and my dad tells me to drive home. Then I get even more frustrated because I was at the right street before I hooked a U-turn, and now I had to go the crazy way, to which my dad says "well your the one driving". !!! WHAT?! he's the one who told me to make the U-turn. ARG!

So let me finish that story re-enforcing that I really do love my parents a lot. Sometimes things can just be frustrated.. haha

:) Amanda
5 days until my sixteenth birthday :D and 12 days until I get my license (assuming that I pass the test and that Jesus doesn't come back before then. and yadda yadda. haha)

No comments: