Friday, June 26, 2009

just some thoughts

I had an incredible friend in the past year, who taught me so much and I don't think she even knows it.

She had a huge influence on me and made me realize that there was a difference in just talking the talk and living what you talk out.

Because she lived it out.

And I probably will never see her again.

And it's not because she died, but because she moved back to where she used to live.

One year.

It just doesn't seem long enough.

And I'm extremely sad.

Because I never got to tell her goodbye in person.

I didn't know that on the last day of officer work days when we were all extremely giddy and awestruck with the tornado that touched down across the street, to worry about actually saying goodbye to each other.

That that would be the last time I would probably ever see her in person.

This is sad news.

I only had a weeks warning.

And that week shouldn't even count.

Because she went out of town that week.

So I basically only had a days warning.

I just wished I could have told her all of this in person.

I wish we could be better friends.

I still remember, in fact I don't think I'll ever forget, the night we ate at macaronni grill together.

And we shared our "secrets" to each other.

"Secrets" I don't really tell everyone.

And she told me some of her "secrets".

And I knew that then.

Yes right then as I was eating pasta.

That it was a start to a great friendship.

But God didn't have that in his big plan for her and I, I suppose.

It never really worked out like what I had all planned out in my head.

And we never really became the "best buddies".

Which makes me sad.

Because I think we could've become better friends.

And now it's too late.

:(

But I suppose there is good that comes of this,

And there are lessons to be learned.

Guys, don't take your:

friends

parents

pets

teachers

circumstances

for granted.

Because not every day is a guaranteed right.

And not every circumstance is guaranteed to come out the way you had planned.

In the words of a very wise man:

"live every day like it was your last. But prepare and build for the future like you had thousands of days left"

I like that quote..

So friends,

Please learn from me.

Don't put yourself through the same thing.

Love ya'

--- Amanda

No comments: