Friday, June 26, 2009

Buckle your seatbelts. Amanda is going to rant again.

OH OH OH

so I was reading some of my old blog posts, you know counting how many grammatical errors I have and becoming to lazy to actually change them. When I came across me talking about how the new season of the secret life of the american teenager was coming on the next Monday. So I decided I would take the time now to rant about that show.

Yes I did watch the first episode of the new season.

No I will not be watching the next one, or the one after that, or the one after that if the show keeps going in this direction.

And here's why:

The show is not at all about all of the things teenagers deal with in life anymore. Not it's basically just about sex now. So why don't they just title it "the secret life of the american teenagers who have sex". Because that's basically what it is. I especially hated the direction they took Grace's character.

The truth of the matter is that, guess what ABC family, not all teenagers in America struggle with sex. And sex is not the "big talk of the school". You don't walk down the hallways and hear people talking about "well I'm ready for it" or "I'm on the pill now".

Not to say that sex isn't there at all. Yes, it is A struggle for American teenagers. But it's not the one and only struggle of American teenagers.

And call me naive but I don't think every single person in our school is having sex. I mean I'm not having sex. So that's one less person than everyone. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

This show is just turning into a failure. And it's about to crash and burn if it doesn't get pulled back together.

Especially after the first episode they gave us to the new season.

At the end of each episode they always say stuff like "100 percent preventable" yadda yadda. But it's like the show is condoning it.

And I know ABC family can't possibly be running out of things teens struggle with.

They haven't even begun to tackle say drugs, or drinking, or even worse drinking and driving. And I'd say that that ranks right up there with sex.

And what about suicide? That's a pretty big one now-a-days.

What about even less dramatic stuff, I mean I realize that this is hollywood we're talking about and hollywood has to make everything dramatic and intense, but I'd say getting into college or getting a scholarship now is a big stresser lately.

So correct me if I'm wrong on this theory.

I'm just tired of it all I guess.


But on a lighter note, I did read take two and thought it was a pretty good book. It just makes me want to read the next book more. And I did watch "Make it or break it" and thought that the show is off to a good start.


Ok, I'm stepping off of my soap box now.


No comments: