Thursday, April 9, 2009

SLEEP

BOOO, just when I was about to realize it hit me like a *insert clever simile here* that I had signed up for VEDA and was determined not to fail.

So here I am. On day nine. Tired. And only able to make short sentences. Long sentences just sound like rubbish right now (woah Amanda? Rubbish, that's a little British don't you think?). So short sentences it is.

I really want to sleep. And not wake up untill 2:00 in the afternoon tomorrow. But alas, I can not. Tomorrow I... I'm getting ahead of myself. I should probably talk about today first. I'm like a steam engine right now, just plowing my way through to the end of school and then crashing and burning for a week and then YOUTH CAMP. *woot woot*. And then crashing and burning another week after that.

Today was a lovely day, contrary to prior belief I had absolutely nothing to do today after school which was quite enjoyable. I just finished the book I got in the mail Tuesday night. It was realllyy good (True Courage by Dee Henderson), it was the last book in a series.. But I'm not quite sure how this book fit into the series.. About the only thing relating it to the series was that it was a mystery genre of novel *shrugs shoulders*, it was good anyway. I think you should read the series it's called "True Valor" by Dee Henderson. But if you are overwhelmed by a series of books you can just read the last one "True Courage" (the one I just finished) Since it was completely unrelated.

Let me start at the beginning of the day. It was a step up, I was consciously aware of the fact that I was oversleeping. Unlike yesterday when I subconsciously heard my mom coming down the stairs and woke up saying "crud crud crud crud crud crud.." (haha, my mom said she could hear me all the way from the stairs. She thought I was having a nightmare. Which brings me to ask: Do I talk in my sleep that much? she didn't answer.). My dog is growling in her sleep. She's probably dreaming of squirels right now. HAHA. those evil things! I wonder if dogs dream, I mean she is sleeping and growling and most people do that when they are dreaming... Not for no apparent reason.. ANYWAY back on subject. I woke up with twenty minutes to get ready.
My mom fixed me this graham cracker thing with peanut butter in the middle (it's actually quite tasty) for breakfeast. And then I drove with my dad to Holly's house (we take her to school). And then we listened to the radio and I read. Then I sat outside the bandroom because the people in the office or choir room were being jerks and not letting all of the students in the band room to drop off their instruments into their lockers, and overall to just hang out. (but shh.. we're sticking with the "dropping off instruments" story.. I mean I really did need to put my instrument up, it's not like I can take my French horn to class with me.) Our band director is not a morning person and he does not have a first period, so he avoids getting to school on time at all costs, so we always cut through the choir room to get in the band room. But the choir intern got tired of us doing this and cut an end to it.

I then proceeded to talk to someone in my section about playing in the church orcehstra Sunday. Because the other french horn player was not going to be there. I thoroughly confused this person and then went to chemistry. We played with fire, and blew things up. It was a good day in Chemistry class. And then I proceeded my day as normal. In Algebra 2 I had a really easy quiz and proceeded to bug the teacher the whole period (she's a really cool teacher, so it's ok to bug her). Then I proceeded to go to english class. I HATE ENGLISH CLASS RIGHT NOW. All year our teacher has been pretty relaxed with the homework, but now it's like: "No, we're in the poetry unit. Double homework each night *ka-chaw*" (that was a meter stick slap.) Of course I'm exaggerating about the meter stick slam. But really. We have grammar homework and then we have to interpret a poem for homework. I DON'T LIKE INTERPRETING POEMS. Poetry is not really my choice of literature genre. I could survive maybe a week or two in poetry, if presented in a fun way. But 8 weeks of it!? I can't handle it!!!!!! And then I went home, messed around one the computer for an hour and curled up on my bed and closed my eyes, felt guilty for going to sleep when I told my mom I would help her plant the new flowers she got up. And eventually felt so guilty I got up and went outside. I watered all of the plants after she planted them. Then we went to On the border. Then we went to the church to look at the process of the new office's construction. I monumentally named the incline "mount TRBC" but it probably won't stick. Then we went to Kohls.

There was a time when I absolutely LOVED going dress shopping. But it's gotten to the point where every dress is to big. I found 6 dresses that were REALLY cute, and they were all 80 percent off (I know, excellent deal right?) And only one of them fit. *sigh*. (Please don't get whiney with me about this complaint. I am not paranoid about this, it just gets rather annoying when dress shopping, that's all.)

And then I came home, did my homework, lounged around on facebook and then I remembered VEDA. And here I am!

I'll talk to you tomorrow about tomorrow. haha.

-------------- AMANDA


I'm going to go sleep now.




No comments: